SAP BusinessObjects Cloud (formerly Cloud for Analytics) is the newest solution offered by SAP AG within BI for companies in the cloud. SAP BusinessObjects Cloud application is available in SaaS model and does not require to install software on the part of a customer. This solution is based on an innovative SAP HANA Cloud Platform environment which guarantees fast and efficient data processing.
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud combines the functions of planning, reporting and analysing in a single tool. This BI for companies application ensures access to data from many sources which enables the user to carry out analysis in real time from not only data inside organisation but also data from the external surroundings of a company.
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud provides access to data by the following two means: online and through importing.
In the first case, data replication is not necessary, thus enabling real time data analysis. In this way, data may be uploaded from HANA database (from HANA instance in an organisation and from SAP HCP), and also SAP BW and S/4HANA systems. In the second case, data must be firstly loaded to the tool and then may be fully adjusted to the needs and used for visualisations and analyses. A choice of a source is in this case nearly unlimited.
The most important ones used by SAP BusinessObjects Cloud application are as follows:
- public data clouds (Google Drive, Salesforce),
- databases (MS SQL, Oracle),
- information from social media (e.g. Facebook) or the worlds of objects known from an on-premise solution.
- Tool installation and configuration
- The configuration of connections with data sources
- The creation of analytical models
- The creation of visualisations and reports
- This application does not need to be installed on a computer and there is no need of buying a licence. SAP BOC guarantees performing analyses online on each device with the Internet access.
- The system makes use of the potential of SAP HCP environment and ultra-fast in-memory SAP HANA technology which allows for the performance of analyses in real time, regardless of the quantity of data.