SAP has introduced SAP Datasphere as the successor to SAP Data Warehouse Cloud
SAP announces SAP Datasphere
What upcoming enhancements can we expect?
At the beginning of March 2023, SAP announced renaming the product well-known to most users as SAP Data Warehouse Cloud. However, this is just the beginning of a broader list of improvements. SAP Datasphere is a next-generation cloud solution that, while keeping current data warehousing capabilities, offers features previously introduced in the SAP Data Intelligence Cloud service, improving business data discovering, modeling, and distribution.
For current customers, this transition doesn’t require migration – the new features will be automatically implemented in their existing environment.
How can users benefit from SAP Datasphere?
All strategic business decisions should be driven by analysis based on data generated as a result of processes taking place inside the company and in its environment. Access to crucial information should be effortless and unrestricted, no matter where the data is located. In reality, however, gaining free insight is not so obvious.
Business practice shows that data is most often dispersed among various applications, files, or systems located both in the cloud and on-premise. Such an enormous structure forces organizations to devote numerous resources to extract data from separate sources, clean it up, and integrate it. A properly executed process that preserves the quality of the data will ensure that companies can reach their full potential.
SAP, meeting customer expectations and in cooperation with industry leaders, has released SAP Datasphere, a solution built on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), providing seamless and scalable data access
With expertise in integration, cataloging, semantic modeling, data warehouse, data federation, or virtualization, SAP Datasphere empowers users to efficiently distribute the most relevant information while preserving business context and logic.
What components does SAP Datasphere emphasize?
- Space Management – data is modeled within predetermined spaces, which can vary in size, type, importance, and assigned users, according to the current business needs. This feature is helpful for organizing, grouping, and managing data, as well as for controlling the level of visibility and collaboration.
- Data Integration and Data Flow – enables access to data from local and cloud sources, including SAP products and solutions from third-party providers. With Data Integration and Data Flow, end-users can virtually merge data and replicate it in real-time or according to a schedule via data flows supported by SAP Data Intelligence.
- Data Builder – allows defining data models using the graphical tool or in the SQL editor.
- Business Builder – component aimed at business users facilitates scenario modeling through a graphical tool regardless of the data layer.
- Administration and Security – enables management of system-level setup, including connectivity & data integration, security, auditing, and monitoring settings. The component provides the capability to manage self-service lists of authorized IP addresses, database accesses, etc. It allows for defining security at all layers and managing insights at the tenant, functionality, or space level.
What additional features does SAP Datasphere offer?
With its new analytical model, SAP Datasphere assists specialists in solving complex semantic business modeling requirements and, in addition, enables automatic data detection and management using the SAP Datasphere Catalog.
Access to industry data is at your fingertips with SAP Datasphere Marketplace, which contains more than 3,000 selected packages that can be easily accessed after clicking the right button.
A significant convenience is a fact that SAP Datasphere operates in a cloud and hybrid environment. This flexibility provides users with secure access to all their data no matter where they are. By leveraging BW Bridge functionality, customers can maximize their investment in on-premises solutions such as SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW).
Working synergistically with leading open data partners, SAP Datasphere delivers a consistent and powerful ecosystem with data platform and artificial intelligence (AI) integration at its core. All to enable customers to connect, unify and manage data better than ever before.
- On 30/03/2023